Two boys of 16 who killed Rhyl shopkeeper detained for six years


Court Reporter

Two boys aged 16 who admitted killing a Rhyl shopkeeper during an early morning disturbance in the resort have been detained for six years.

Their guilty pleas to manslaughter, on the basis of a lack of intent, were accepted by the prosecution at an earlier occasion.

The two youths were due to go on trial charged with the murder of  Rhyl shopkeeper Amarjeet Singh Bhaker, originally from Manchester, said to have been stabbed during an organised fight between two gangs, one from Rhyl and the other from Manchester, which the prosecution said was over the supply of cannabis in the town.

The two youths from Rhyl, who cannot be publicly identified because of their ages, admitted the manslaughter Amarjeet Singh Bhaker, 37.

They admitted wounding his cousin Amar Bahakar Singh, who suffered facial injuries, as an alternative to wounding with intent.

Each received a six year sentence and Mr Justice Goose warned that if they were adults then the sentence would have been 12 years.

Another 16 year old from the Manchester area, pleaded guilty to violent disorder. He received a 12 month youth rehabilitation order.

Two other men received suspended sentences.

Mohanjeet Singh, 18, of Kingsway, Manchester, the younger brother of the deceased, had been with him when he was unlawfully killed during the incident.

A cousin of the dead man, Amar Bahakar Singh, 28, of Green End Road, Manchester, was wounded by the two youths and he suffered serious facial injuries.

Both admitted violent disorder and received 18 month prison sentences suspended for two years, with rehabilitation and 140 hours unpaid work.

Daniel Kenneth Swann, 44, of Prince Edward Avenue in Rhyl, admitted violent disorder and the original charge of  possessing an imitation firearm with intent to cause fear of violence would be allowed to remain on the file.

He was jailed for three years.

At an earlier hearing, Ameer Wahid, 24 of Hardy Lane in Chorlton and Sanah Ullah, 31, of Barlow Moor Road in Manchester, admitted an alternative charge of threatening behaviour instead of the violent disorder charge. earlier hearing.

Wahid received four months and Ullah five months, which meant their immediate release.

The charges arise from a major 3am disturbance at Prince Edward Avenue in Rhyl on April 30.


Leave your comment

Share your opinions on

Characters left: 1500

Most Read